New Orleans Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer for Maintenance-Related Accidents
The risk of an accident is a part of life on the road, whether you are commuting to work or driving a big rig truck across the country. Still, trucks pose a particular potential hazard because of their sheer size, the speed at which they travel and the long hours that truckers spend behind the wheel. A New Orleans tractor trailer accident attorney at Bloom Legal can help you hold trucking companies accountable when poor maintenance contributed to a serious accident.
Maintenance issues can increase the risk of a truck accident. Headlight problems, shoddy tires and malfunctioning brakes are just some of the defects that can make for disaster on the highway. These defects often go unnoticed by truckers and their employers, who fail to perform basic and regular maintenance on the vehicles.
At Bloom Legal, our Louisiana injury attorneys represent people injured in truck collisions and a wide range of other accidents. We combine decades of experience in the courtroom and at the negotiating table to help clients get the full compensation available under the law.
Common Truck Maintenance Hazards in Louisiana
When a trucker and his or her employer neglect to perform regular maintenance on a vehicle, they significantly increase the risk that the truck malfunctions on the road. The defects that arise from maintenance negligence include:
- Brake failure: If a truck unexpectedly cannot brake, it is likely to hit other vehicles at full speed.
- Headlight defects: Fatigued truckers driving late into the night need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing the road.
- Tire blowouts: These situations often happen at high speed and with little advance warning for the truck’s driver and other motorists nearby.
- Steering failure: A driver who loses control of a big rig has little ability to stop it from colliding with other vehicles.
- Trailer hitch defects: A trailer hitch connects the body of the truck to the trailer behind it. If the trailer becomes loose or unattached, it creates a significant obstacle for other drivers.
- Unsecured loads: If cargo on a flatbed trailer is not properly secured, it can fall off and create a hazard.
These defects put everyone else on the road at risk of an accident and serious injury. Although truckers often blame malfunctioning vehicles for crashes, the truth is that these issues are often the result of the driver or trucking company’s failure to do routine maintenance and safety inspections.
How a New Orleans Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Louisiana, it is important to seek the assistance of an experienced injury lawyer.
At Bloom Legal, we help people injured in commercial truck collisions and other accidents get compensation from those responsible for the crash. We know how to investigate crashes caused by poor maintenance and other factors, identify those responsible and build the strongest possible case for money damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a New Orleans Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney
Our personal injury lawyers represent people in New Orleans and the surrounding areas. Call us at 504-209-7547 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced New Orleans tractor trailer accident lawyer.
Stay Safe During
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"This company is one of the most helpful and dutiful law firms in New Orleans. I have met with Seth Bloom multiple times and he has helped with out of several situations I thought had no solution. He made me feel calm, comfortable, and collected. After our first meeting, he established a genuine interest in my position and assured me that he would stand by me. Aside from that, he is one of the most professional lawyers I have dealt with, and I believe his service to be above what people in New Orleans consider to be great service."
Posted By: Zachary Klos