A New Orleans Intersection Accident Lawyer Can Help You Fight For Justice
Intersections are one of the most common places for accidents to occur. Upon consideration, it is not surprising—cars are entering from different directions, making left and right turns, some vehicles are stopped, while others are moving, and we rely upon traffic signs and traffic lights to regulate the flow of traffic. Unfortunately, these accidents can not only result in severe injuries but can also be fairly complex when it comes to proving liability. If you have been injured in a car accident in an intersection, a New Orleans intersection accident lawyer can help you get fair compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes of Intersection and Right Of Way Collisions
Intersection accidents are common for the reasons mentioned above. However, to be more specific, some of the most common causes of car accidents are as follows:
- Lane changes while traveling through the intersection
- Illegal turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Ignoring traffic signs
In addition to these causes, many intersection accidents are caused by distracted driving, driving while intoxicated, or misjudging the speed or location of oncoming traffic. It can sometimes be difficult to establish exactly what happened, but an experienced New Orleans intersection accident lawyer can help.
How a New Orleans Intersection Accident Lawyer Can Prove Negligence
To receive compensation for your injuries and other losses, you must be able to prove that the other party was negligent. This can be difficult, especially in situations where there were multiple vehicles involved in the accident. An experienced attorney will thoroughly investigate the accident and gather the necessary evidence.
- Witness statements can be tremendously helpful. Because they are uninvolved in the accident, insurance companies and courts consider them neutral observers of what happened. Their account of the accident can help establish essential facts critical to your claim’s success. Your lawyer can interview these witnesses and get a clear and concise statement concerning what happened.
- Traffic cameras are another potential source of evidence that you can use to build your case. Unfortunately, getting the footage can be complicated. An experienced New Orleans intersection accident lawyer will know how to get the footage you need to prove what happened.
- Surveillance cameras from nearby businesses may have also captured the accident. Your lawyer can contact the business and obtain a copy of the footage to help you build your case.
- The light sequencing pattern may help you prove the color of the traffic lights when the accident occurred. This pattern tells you which lights were green, yellow, or red and for how long.
- Accident reports can also contain important information. They can be accommodating when they cite the cause of the accident and who was at fault.
Contact a New Orleans Intersection Accident Lawyer at Bloom Legal
If you have been injured in an intersection accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other losses. A New Orleans intersection accident lawyer from Bloom Legal will know how to build your case so you can get fair compensation. To schedule a free consultation, contact us to discuss your case today.
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"This company is one of the most helpful and dutiful law firms in New Orleans. I have met with Seth Bloom multiple times and he has helped with out of several situations I thought had no solution. He made me feel calm, comfortable, and collected. After our first meeting, he established a genuine interest in my position and assured me that he would stand by me. Aside from that, he is one of the most professional lawyers I have dealt with, and I believe his service to be above what people in New Orleans consider to be great service."
Posted By: Zachary Klos