A New Orleans Multi Vehicle Accident Attorney Will Fight For The Damages You Deserve
Most multi-vehicle car accidents occur on the highway when vehicles are traveling at high speed. As a result, they are often catastrophic, leading to severe injuries and sometimes even death. If you were injured in a multi-vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Working with a skilled New Orleans multi-vehicle car accident lawyer can ensure you get fair compensation for your accident.
What Causes Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents in New Orleans?
Multi-vehicle car accidents are typically the result of at least one driver’s negligence, taking on many different forms. However, the most common causes of multi-vehicle accidents are as follows:
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents, including multi-vehicle accidents. Speeding vehicles not only require a greater stopping distance but also reduces the driver’s reaction time. Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for the road or weather conditions causes many multi-vehicle accidents.
- Tailgating: Similar to speeding, following too closely reduces the amount of time the driver has to stop if the car in front of them has to stop quickly.
- Inclement weather: Wet roads and reduced visibility mean it can be challenging to see and avoid oncoming hazards. While drivers cannot control the weather, drivers do have an obligation to drive safely for the current conditions.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving occurs anytime the driver takes their eyes or mind off the road or hands off the wheel. While smartphones rightfully receive much of the blame, eating, talking to passengers, or dealing with kids or pets can cause a driver to lose focus and cause an accident.
Whatever the cause of the accident may be, the result is the same, one vehicle strikes another, which causes that vehicle to crash into someone else. In addition, some of the other drivers may have been tailgating or speeding, contributing to the accident. Determining causation in a multi-vehicle accident can be difficult, but working with an experienced New Orleans multi-vehicle car accident attorney can help you build your case.
Because these accidents involve multiple vehicles and there may be more than one at-fault driver, determining who should be held responsible can be challenging. To successfully pursue a claim, you need to carefully investigate the accident, gather the appropriate evidence, and thoroughly document your claim. This can be difficult when you are injured, and most people don’t know where to begin. However, an experienced New Orleans multi-vehicle car accident lawyer can investigate your case and gather the following evidence:
- Photographs of where the accident occurred and pictures from the scene of the accident
- Copies of any accident reports
- Footage from traffic cameras
- Statements from eye-witnesses and other drivers who were involved
Unfortunately, the evidence available isn’t always clear; there may be conflicting witness statements or no camera footage. In these situations, your lawyer can work with other professionals to recreate the accident and render a professional opinion regarding who was at fault.
Call A New Orleans Multi-Vehicle Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured in an accident and don’t know where to turn, a New Orleans multi-vehicle car accident lawyer from Bloom Legal can help. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"This company is one of the most helpful and dutiful law firms in New Orleans. I have met with Seth Bloom multiple times and he has helped with out of several situations I thought had no solution. He made me feel calm, comfortable, and collected. After our first meeting, he established a genuine interest in my position and assured me that he would stand by me. Aside from that, he is one of the most professional lawyers I have dealt with, and I believe his service to be above what people in New Orleans consider to be great service."
Posted By: Zachary Klos