Who Can Bring a Products Liability Lawsuit?
Posted on Feb 12, 2021 in Products LiabilityWhen a consumer is injured by a product proven to be defective, that consumer is entitled to bring a products liability lawsuit and recover damages for the injuries they’ve incurred. Products liability laws help establish who is at fault when these accidents occur. Either the manufacturer, a parts supplier or a distributor is often to blame. The laws also establish when an injured party will have a valid claim. If you have recently been injured by a defective product and believe you may have a case, you should contact an experienced New Orleans products liability lawyer. Your lawyer can advise how you can move forward with your case.
Do You Have a Valid Products Liability Claim?Being injured by a defective product is only one piece of the puzzle in a products liability lawsuit. Aside from being able to show that the product injured you and that it was defective, you will have to prove that:
- The product was readily available in the marketplace
- The seller or manufacturer was obligated to meet the ordinary expectations of consumers
- The product does in fact contain either a design or manufacturing defect
- The defect caused that product to become unreasonably dangerous
- It could have been predicted that an injury would occur because of the defect