--> -->

Need to Know: Minor in Possession Summons

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 in Local Issues

[caption id="attachment_3906" align="aligncenter" width="550"] Photo courtesy of webtender.com[/caption] As the summer is winding down, we have seen an increase in Minor in Possession summons in New Orleans coming through to our office. For the most part, a police officer will tell the offender that they just pay the fine and get it over with. This is NOT true and the defendant MUST appear in court or hire an attorney to go in his or her place. If you just go and pay the fine, then this will be a misdemeanor criminal conviction on your record. By hiring an attorney, they are usually able to defend the rights of the minor or take the case to trial. Bloom Legal LLC has handled numerous Minor in Possessions’ in Orleans Parish since opening in 2004. If you or someone you know gets a summons in New Orleans for underage drinking, or Minor in Possession, please give Seth Bloom a call at 504-599-9997 or email out office at info@bloomlegal.com.

You Might Also Like:

(T) 504-599-9997

Downtown location
  825 Girod Street
  Suite A

New Orleans, Louisiana

    Contact Us