What Lawyer Should I Hire If I Get A DWI While Out Of State?

Typically when you get a DWI or you’re arrested in New Orleans for any sort of crime, you need to get a lawyer that’s within the jurisdiction or the area  that you got arrested in.

So, the person has to be licensed in Louisiana. So, we represent people from Nebraska, California, New York, Florida, and all over the place. Now, it’s not unusual for us to corroborate with or work with and collaborate with the person’s personal lawyer, the client’s personal lawyer back home whether it’s in Miami or Detroit or wherever it is, but you need a lawyer that’s actually licensed and that practices in that area.

And that’s just a rule of thumb. Wherever you are in the country, you really want someone who knows the system. Every courthouse, every judge, every prosecutor has it’s own kind of idiosyncrasies. You want someone that’s familiar. It’s always a good sign when you walk into the court room and the clerks’ and the judge and the prosecutor all smile at you and say Hey Seth, how are you, good to see you again, how’s the family? That makes you feel like the person knows the system and knows what to do.


Available 24/7 for immediate help. Call: 504-599-9997

    Hear What Our Clients Have To Say

    "Working with Bloom Legal has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Seth and his team are professional, fast, and dedicated. Seth is a lot more than a lawyer; he is a fighter! Seth took on my case and treated me like a person instead of a client. He made a difficult situation very easy. I am very thankful for Seth and his team!"
    Posted By: Tyler Ales


    (T) 504-599-9997

    Downtown location
      825 Girod Street
      Suite A

    New Orleans, Louisiana

      Contact Us