--> -->

Underage Drinking Can Take the Fun Out of Your Spring Break

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 in Courts, Criminal Defense, Local Issues, Minor in Possession

Spring break is right around the corner, and for many high school and college students that means a relaxing break from classes and mid-term exams.  However, while you’re soaking up the sun on the beach or spending time with friends, make sure you avoid underage drinking. Underage drinking  is a serious offense that can result in major consequences. If you are under 21, and the police catch you purchasing, possessing or drinking alcohol, you may be:
  • Charged with a minor in possession (MIP) in Louisiana
  • Fined up to $100 and/or face imprisonment for up to 6 months
  • Lose your driver’s license for 6 months
You can read more about MIPs and underage drinking on our Minor in Possession resource page. As you can see, underage drinking comes with a high cost. Here are three ways to ensure you stay safe while enjoying your spring break:
  • Find social events that don’t involve alcohol – like concerts, movies, or bowling
  • Take advantage of the warm weather and go tubing, snorkeling or canoeing
  • Try out a new restaurant in town and have a tasty mocktail with your meal
If you are not 21, it’s important to know the consequences of underage drinking and to know how best to avoid putting yourself in situations that can negatively impact your life. We know that mistakes can happen, and If you are charged with an MIP in Louisiana, call Bloom Legal today at 504-599-9997 or fill out our online form. Our lawyers can help you understand the consequences of an MIP charge. We’re here 24/7 to make sure you know what your options are to respond to this charge.

You Might Also Like:

(T) 504-599-9997

Downtown location
  825 Girod Street
  Suite A

New Orleans, Louisiana

    Contact Us