Personal Injury- Auto Accidents
Posted on Dec 10, 2013 in Personal Injury
Allstate Insurance has released its 2013 America’s Best Drivers Report, which ranks cities based on the risks of accidents in each location. New Orleans, unfortunately, ranked number 156 out of 200 cities, with crashes 28.1 percent more likely to occur than the national average. Based on Allstate’s claims data, drivers in New Orleans could expect an accident to happen every 7.8 years as compared with every 13.9 years in the safest city in the U.S.
The New Orleans auto accident law firm of Bloom Legal knows that car accidents happen every day and that, unfortunately, people are frequently injured in these crashes. To make sure you get the compensation you need after a crash happens, it is a good idea to talk to a New Orleans auto accident attorney. You can also watch our video on BloomLegalTV to learn more about what to do after a car crash happens.
What to Do After a Car Crash Occurs
After a car accident, our New Orleans auto accident law firm advises drivers and passengers involved in the crash to:
- Contact an ambulance if necessary and get life-saving care. This is always the first priority, as taking care of your health matters most.
- Contact the police and obtain an accurate report. The police report could be used as evidence of how the accident happened, which you may need to be compensated for your injuries.
- Provide accurate information to the police. Don’t volunteer unnecessary details or accept responsibility- just be truthful about what happened.
- Obtain contact information from witnesses. You may need them to testify about how the crash occurred in case there is disagreement about who is to blame.
- Take pictures to document the crash scene and to demonstrate the cause of the crash. This can also be useful in helping to prove how an auto accident happened.
- Get prompt medical treatment, You should have your injuries documented so you can prove they occurred because of the car crash. Getting checked out by a doctor is always a smart thing to do after a crash even if you don’t think that anything is wrong because not all ailments have immediate symptoms.
- Contact a New Orleans auto accident attorney. At Bloom Legal, we help you to understand your rights and to pursue a legal claim for compensation.
- Undergo treatment needed to recover. Our attorneys can also assist in making sure you get top-notch medical care including physical therapy and chiropractic treatment if necessary.
- Obtain the compensation you deserve. Your car accident losses should all be covered in full for any damage sustained as a result of the crash. These losses should be paid by the insurance company representing the person who caused the accident.
The information on Bloom LegalTV will help make sure you take the right steps after your accident so you don’t jeopardize your right to compensation after a car crash. Ultimately, the best option you have is to contact our New Orleans auto accident law firm to get personalized individual help with your case. We’ll handle the legal issues for you and get you the money you deserve.