New Orleans Car Accident Checklist
Posted on Jul 9, 2019 in Personal Injury, Traffic
No one plans to get in a car accident, but if it does happen, the best thing you can do for yourself is be prepared! As people who deal with the unfortunate ramifications of car and truck accidents every day, as well as members of the community, we want to make New Orleans the safest city it can be.
That’s why we created our spectacular, patented (just kidding) Bloom Legal Car Accident Checklist!
It’s got the rundown of what to do and what not to do following a car accident—and it looks snazzy to boot! Shout out to our talented summer intern for the great design. All the kids know Photoshop these days, isn’t it great? Ok, I’m sounding old. I’m going to stop now.
Print the checklist out and keep it in your glovebox. Hopefully you never have to use it! But if something does happen, you’ll be prepared.
What To Do Immediately After An Accident
- Call 911
- Police should be notified of the accident immediately. They can help divert traffic to keep you safe, and will collect information and details pertaining to the accident. If necessary, EMS should also be notified.
- Check for injuries
- If you yourself have been injured, do not leave your vehicle. If you or anyone else involved in the accident is visibly injured call EMS.
- Exchange info
- Exchange insurance information with others involved in the accident. If the other person doesn’t have insurance, be sure to take personal information.
- Take pics
- Take pictures of any damages to your vehicle, person, or property, as well as any other vehicles or property involved in the accident.
- Call Insurance
- Call your insurance to begin the claim process.
Important things to remember—
- If you have been injured, stay in your vehicle! Call 911 if you are able and wait for EMTs to arrive. Moving around could further aggravate any injuries you’ve sustained, and you want to get checked out by a professional first.
- Never admit fault! This includes to law enforcement and your insurance company. Any admission of fault could be used against you at a later time, and could effect the outcome of any potential settlement, tickets or traffic violations, or raise your insurance premiums. It is recommended to speak with a New Orleans car accident lawyer as soon as possible. They can advise you on how to proceed with answering questions and dealing with the insurance companies.
Call the New Orleans Car Accident Attorneys at Bloom Legal
If you have been involved in an accident in the New Orleans area, Bloom Legal can help. Our car accident lawyers will help you deal with the insurance companies, find treatment for your injuries, collect evidence, and navigate the claims process. We are available 24 hours a day seven days a week. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!