BLOOM LEGAL SCHOLARSHIP
For Students Affected by Cerebral Palsy
UPDATE MARCH 2021: We are not currently offering a scholarship this year. Please check back next year for any new updates.
The Bloom Legal scholarship offers a $1000 scholarship for students affected by cerebral palsy. In the US, an estimated 764,000 people live with cerebral palsy. Usually occurring in childhood, cerebral palsy is the most common cause of physical disability for children.
Attorney Seth Bloom’s uncle was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at a young age. Seth created the Bloom Scholarship in his honor, to help others affected by this disability pursue their education and goals.
PLEASE NOTE THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021
How to Apply
Use the subject line BLOOM LEGAL SCHOLARSHIP – YOUR NAME. You should only send one email, containing all the application materials listed below.
- A 300-500 word essay OR a 1-3 minute video, addressing the following:
- Tell us a little about yourself!
- How have you overcome adversity in your life?
- What are your educational aspirations? What do you want to study in college and what experiences do you hope to have?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- If you are sending an essay, it must be a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file. Other file formats will not be accepted.
- Fill out the general application found here: Bloom Scholarship Application
**Entries that do not adhere to the guidelines will not be considered for the scholarship.**
- US high school seniors or current college students may apply
- Must be enrolling in or actively enrolled in an undergraduate program for the upcoming Fall semester at a four year university or community college located in the United States.
- All materials must be received prior to the deadline of June 15th. Late applications will not be considered.
- Must submit BOTH the general application and an essay OR video. Any application that does not contain complete materials will not be considered.
- If you are submitting an essay, it should be a Word (.doc / .docx) or PDF file. Other formats will not be accepted.
- If you are submitting a video, please upload it to the internet somewhere, whether YouTube or Google Drive or some other video service. You will not be able to send large video files through email without first uploading to the internet. Make sure your video is not set to private and can be viewed by anyone.
Winner will be notified via email by July 31st.
Winner of the 2019 Bloom Legal Scholarship
Click here to see the winner of the 2019 scholarship, Samantha Davis from the University of Illinois Springfield. Congrats Samantha!
Stay Safe During