Last Friday a student of Lafayette High School complained of a stomach ache after eating a brownie at lunch. The schools resource officer then conducted a field test on the brownies and found that they had been laced with marijuana.
An unknown number of students, including the student that became ill, were given the brownies without knowledge of their ingredients. Two students will face possession charges, and a third will be charged with possession with intent to distribute. The students were all between fifteen and sixteen years old.
Because of their age, the students have been released to their parents, and their names are not being revealed to the public. It is obvious that these young people have made a mistake that will stick with them as they apply to college and begin careers. It is hard for young people to comprehend the full consequences of their actions, and when these actions have long-term detrimental effects on their lives, it is truly a tragedy.
If your son or daughter has made a mistake involving drugs or alcohol, contact experienced legal counsel as soon as possible, so that the damage can be minimized. We at Bloom Legal offer free, no-commitment legal advice. Contact us at 599-9997 to arrange your free consultation.